– Warren Baby Dodds “Fast Blues” 1946
– Gene Krupa/Cozy Cole 1954
– Cozy Cole “Topsy II” 1958
– Philly Jo Jones/Half Nelson pubblicato nel 1960 ma registrato nel 1956.
– Philly Jo Jones/Blues by five pubblicato nel 1957 ma registrato nel 1956.
– Philly Jo Jones/Gone 1959
– Max Roach/The drum also waltzes 1965
– Tony Williams/Pinocchio 1968
– Tony Williams/United Blues 1977
– Elvin Jones/Black Nile 1964
– Roy Haynes/Reaching Fourth 1963
– Jack De Jonhette/How about you 1989
– Max Roach solo/Jordu 1954
– Max Roach/trading fours on Jordu 1954 (stesso album)
– Max Roach solo/Au Privave 1951
– Art Blakey/trading fours on Are you real? 1958
– Paul Motian/What is this thing called love? 1960
– Roy Haynes/Reflection 1959
– Roy Haynes/In a walked Bud
– Frankie Dunlop/Rhythm a Ning 1961
– Max Roach/trading fours on Shirley 1958
– Philly Jo Jones/Tenor Madness 1956
– Art Blakey/This I dig of you 1960
– Philly Jo Jones/Comping with Philly Joe, Blues by Five 1957
– Philly Jo Jones/Two bass hit (bonus track) 1957
– Peter Erskine/ trading fours on duo 1992
Giuseppe Urso: Musician, composer, arranger and conductor, Giuseppe Urso, a native of Palermo, Italy, has earned the highest grade in symphonic percussion and jazz music with the highest marks with honors.
In his career he has mixed experiences in various musical contexts: from big bands to symphony orchestras, many projects as a leader and many projects as a leader and as a sideman performing with Phil Woods, Cedar Walton, Vince Mendoza, Clark Terry, Arturo Sandoval, Dave Liebman, Patti Austin, Rachel Ferrell, Billy Childs, Diane Schuur, Phil Woods, Toots Thielemans, Noa, Jack Walrath, Dave Kikoski, Eumir Deodato, Tigran Hamasyan, Bill Carrothers, Bobby Watson, Ernie Watts, Emil Richards, Joe Porcaro, Martial Solal, Less Mc Cann, Wayne Bergeron, Darren Barrett, John Serry and many other international artists.
He is present in numerous recordings some of which as a leader and composer, receiving acknowledgments from the specialized critic. In 2001 he was voted Best Italian jazz drummer on the specialized referendum of the magazine "Basi Media Magazine".
Intense educational activity with several active publications. In 2009 he was one of the founders of the international school of music Palermojazz, of which he was the teaching director until 2013, promoting numerous internships and international seminars with world-renowned musicians as well as regular courses.
The publications as a leader have been included in the Rai "Farenheit" program and in the United States in the specialized radio stations. He has numerous educational publications.
He has performed in Italy and abroad as a composer and performer with his project Vinum De Cupa playing in many international festivals. Timpanist, drummer and jazz pianist, he has carried out an intense career as Educator and performer in prestigious theaters, festivals and jazz clubs. He currently teaches drums and jazz percussions at the "Alessandro Scarlatti" Conservatory of Music in Palermo, where he is also the Head of the Jazz Department and among the conductors and founder of the Conservatoire's Jazz Big Band, The Palermo Jazz Orchestra, having recently performed with Peter Erskine, Gianluigi Trovesi and Joy Garrison.